Five reasons why I consider the IHG card to be underrated as hell…
- It’s one of the few Chase cards that people like me still get approved for.
- Their Platinum status isn’t garbage. I’ve always gotten a better room with late checkout.
- Even when the public offer dipped, you could get the card and send a message to Chase. That extra 30 seconds bumped the bonus up to 80,000 points.
- Now the public offer is 80,000 and sending a message might get you matched to 100,000 points (according to reader Carl).
- This is one of the few cards I keep open longer than a year. Unlike Hyatt, the IHG anniversary night isn’t limited by category. I rarely say this…but it’s an annual fee worth paying.
Definitely a card worth considering if you haven’t gotten a new IHG bonus in the last 24 months. Make sure you add a user for an extra 5,000 points. Have a great weekend, nerds!